Monday, July 03, 2006

Atl and the question

I went to Atlanta a couple of days ago to find an apartment. I went to about 7 locations and found two that I liked. Rent $670 (1 bdr, 1 bath, 720 sq ft) and $743 (1 bdr, 1 bath, 800 sq ft)is this reasonable Atliens? I tried to find a central location in Atlanta and both location satisfied that. This trip to Atlanta was a mess! I was suppose to stay with PG, but she had to go back to Maryland for an emergency and forgot to tell me. I just crossed the Georgia state line and she calls "I completely forgot you were coming" and explains what's going on. I understood, but I wish I would have known that first. I had to get in contact with my back ups, which I didn't want to do, but I wanted to get this over with. The last person I called gave me a yes. Thank Goodness! I knew staying with him was going to be interesting, but I was ready nonetheless. On my way up, my front window gets cracked by a rock on the road. I'm thinking "is this a sign that I should be moving to Atlanta?"

I can be a hot topic (as my aunt woulds say) at times and my time in Atlanta proved that statement to be true. I stayed with my former co-worker. I have learned that "What do you get into?" has a lot behind it. I'm thinking extra-curricula and they are thinking more than my extra-curricula activities. At this point, I'm like oh Lord here we go. Inquiring minds want to know...how it's going down. He stayed at it the two days I was there. I'm assuming he was testing me. Question after question, random tatics, and random statements, which lead to some good conversation. We agreed sometimes and others we agreed to disagree. With him thinking he is Magnum P.I., I can imagine the talk at my former job. What do you think about my truth? He's straight. He talks to PG, I see them together all the time. I don't know if I would believe that just b/c he is with her. So what are you trying to say. I don't know yet. Give me some time and I will tell you. I'm sure there were a few conversations like that. how do I know? That's basically how the two days went. Questions about PG, relationships, etc. I had one weird moment at my job. I knew this guy and this girl were debating about me and they invited me over to talk (analyze) me a little more. When I get there the guy acts like he has nothing to say, which really aggravated me. I knew he was the cause of me coming over there. Cut the BS!

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous kennyking78 said...

Sorry to hear about your windshield...
What end up telling the guy?

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger blkbutterfly said...

the $670 sounds a bit low for an apartment in town. then again, complexes are often offering specials. is $670 the reduced price? the other sounds more accurate for atlanta. it also depends on what amenities the complex offers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home