Monday, June 12, 2006

Torn in between the two

In the background: "Soon as I get home from work"~Babyface

I have been going through a little reflection period (nothing heavy). You know the kind...why am I thus, what is the truth...basically, self evaluation. I'm finding that the truth is relative to everyone and limited to their perception. If one perceives something to be untrue, they have a hard time participating in something that doesn't agree with their personal truth. It doesn't make sense to them. Thus, their belief in that reality dwindles down or they continue with the emotional baggage. For example, people who are Christians. Some people who are Christians may not agree with the doctrine of some pastors. Consequently, they will discontinue their membership at that church or change their beliefs all together. For those who don't change their beliefs or membership they run into a problem of being torn. They are constantly torn between what they feel is true and what they have been taught to be true, which also influences their perception heavily. Agree or disagree with the relativity of truth and how perception limits one's truth.

Give me your thoughts.

In the background: "What if"~ Babyface

9 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Ladynay said...

Okay I gotta come back to this cuz it seem like you want me to think and it's too early to think! LOL

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ladynay said...

k, I came back and I am lost :-(

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Ty said...

Get out of my head. This is something that I have been really wrestling with in the last week or two. Specifically the christians who go to church where the doctrine is different from what they believe. It is the whole idea that you know nothing will be perfect but how much are you willing to compromise. An example is the gay person attending a church that preaches against homosexuality. When you don't believe that homosexuality is wrong but you love everyone there nonetheless.

Tough question. I was going to write about this on my blog but you beat me to the punch. LOL

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Trent Jackson said...

I so can understand...
I see where you are going with this...

But I want to know what you're torn in between...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I understand where you are comming from with this one and the truth is that truth is realative. We believe what we want to believe and anything that is different from that is a lie. It's how we justify things...but the real question is who's truth is the truth?

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger The Captain said...

Truth can never be perception. Belief is perception, but never truth.

If someone percieve something is true or even untrue, it has to be valid AND sound.

Your analogy makes no sense to me. You are crossing perception, which doesn't have to be support with reality.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Ty said...

Got your message. Thanks for the info. I think that problem is fixed.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger mytruth said...

@captin people's perceptions are their realities, which makes things relative. You could show me an object. I could think it's small. Someone else could think it's big. I'm not wrong and neither is the other person. The truth is the object exist, but that's it. I think that illustration valids both of our points. There is a bottom line that can't be denied, but how that bottom line is seen is awhole nother story. Are you hungry for attention or something? You are getting a little too aggressive-it's a blog.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Rocketstar said...

great post man.

The truth is relative.

I am just going to start reading "History Lessons: How Textbooks from Around the World Portray U.S. History " that my wife gave me for Father's day. A friend saids it was a good read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home