Saturday, June 17, 2006

Get it right, Get it tight

Playing~"Never gonna let you go" by Faith Evans

Did anyone see Oprah last Thursday? Well, my mom did and called me to see it. I'm not sure what the topic was about, but I know a piece of it had to do with coming out to your parents, which lead to a very interesting convo. with my mother. She talked about this new married guy at her job who she thinks is suspect. "He loves to talk about gay this, gay that." "Something is up with that nigga." She makes sure no one takes advantage of him though. The mother on Oprah is devastated that her daughter is gay. At first, I was like what the heck is her problem. Then, I thought she feels like the dreams she had for her daughter aren't going to be fulfilled (we know this is not true). This lady was pretty pissed. I was like darn. "Mom what would you do in that situation?" Mom: "I would be pissed (she felt like the lady regarding the dreams for your child). I would go off, then realize that's your @**. "What am I mad for?" You do what you want to do." My mom tickles me (as my grandmother would say)...I was like darn! "That's your @**"..whoa. I don't know why I was surprise by my mother, she is raw like that. I tried to catch her off guard "how do you know that's their a** . " Her "Well, somebody is getting bleep." At this point, I realize there is no catching her off guard. I pulled back. The dark-skin guy from Top Model confuses her. "my truth, he is ugly." She think gay males should be attractive. I love my mom, but being PC is not here thing. She misses it

I have set up a goal that I will obtain. To obtain a home before I turn 26. I'm 22 now, but 23 is next month. This birthday sucks, nothing special about it at all. It makes me feel old...Idunno. If I want to obtain this goal, I have to get it together now. I'm a grown @** man. Not really, I have to wait until August to make that comment and have the credentials to back it up, but you know what I mean. I hope everyone knows they can get a free credit report. If you don't, please let me know. I will direct you to the website. If you are smart, you can get a free one every 4 months. Hey, some people in my family are a mess. I was relieved to find out I didn' t have any credit issues. However, I wasn't please with that score. It wasn't because I didn't pay my bills. Truth, don't play that! I haven't had that long to establish credit, but next year this time, I should be well off in the 700s. Be smart while trying to boost your score. Paying off all of your credit card debit may not do what you expect (it will not hurt you if you do). They are looking for consistency. Not how much money you make. Let me fall back, I'm not trying to be anyone's financial advisor.

3 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Ladynay said...

Good luck in having that house in a few years...

When is your b-day btw?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I have that same goal i want to buy a house by 25 and so that gives me 3 years. I hope i can follow through.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dapper D said...

sometimes a good advisor is what some need to check themselves. your mom is too funny. Hell someone is being bleeped, there are only two way that it can go bleep or get bleeped. LOL. Great post.

Your mom gets the Dapper stamp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home