Monday, April 24, 2006

Funny how the tables turn

Silence

I notice something special the other day. I saw my cousin adopted daughter fall. As any 1 year old would, she began to cry. My cousin turns around acknowledges that she fell by brushing her off and she went back to what she was doing. As soon as the baby was acknowledge she stop crying. She stop even before she was brushed off. Then, it hit me. Adults are so much like babies. Sometimes we just need to be acknowledge. Nothing special just being recognize for who we are and our current condition is enough. When we are not acknowledge we cry out. We become moody, attention seekers, lonely, etc. I realize more and more that I just need to be acknowledge. I have not cried out yet, but I see minor symptoms.

I went home and I felt so much love there. My family, my friends, my church everything was wondeful. I didn't get to spend much time with anyone in particular, but just being acknowledged, my presence being appreciate felt wonderful. There is no dobut that Atlanta is great, but I have no connection to the city at all. It's causing me to want to cry out. I never thought I would miss home. I was so ready to go. It's too small. I need something great, but I found out everything I wanted was and is right there.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger 4GOTTEN1 said...

I know how u feel about just wanting to cry out sometime. I feel that way...just needing someone anyone to notice. The feeling always passes though.

Home just felt good though man because it's familiar,comfortable.
Atlanta is strange right now. Give it some time and you will learn to love it. You just got to meet some good people, and there are good people here contrary to popular belief. You just have to look a little harder...but it makes them all the more special. You will be fine man. I know you will.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Thoughts of a Southern gal said...

Where are you original from? I'm thinking about moving to ATL

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger mytruth said...

I'm from Florida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home