Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This is your time, leave nothing to chance

"Who never left home, who never stroke out, to find a dream and a life of their own........wide open spaces room to make the BIG mistake. [he] needs new face and knows the high states"-Dixie chicks

Y'all I'm freaked out. I'm moving like 4 weeks from now and I'm nervous. Mr. play it safe, is not playing it that safe anymore. I have so many issues with this move, but it's needed. Good reasons: I have a job (well, internship...with the chance of full-time directly after internship ~70% of us will become full-time), I desire the change and really want it. I've been in my current town for 22 yrs and it's not that grand. I'm over it. Bad reasons: I have yet to decided on place, which is insane. Two problems...I will have to travel up there again. First, I really don't feel like spending all that money on gas, but I don't have a choice. Second, I trying to figure out if I need to take a sublease or not. I'm not pleased about the sublease. It won't be in my name, b/c she can't transfer it to finish out her lease, so they could kick me out at any give time, not a good look. Plus, the apartment is really small, but it's cheap and downtown. If I take a lease and I don't get hired. I will have 3.5 months of rent to pay without the job. Very risky!

Playing~ "Beauty is her name"-Dru Hill I use to have this crush on this girl and this was her song. lol high school, high school. Then, I decided not to go to prom with her. I wasn't the place for "christians" to be. I missed my darn prom!

"I would be pissed off, if I wasn't being pissed on"-Me

I was mad like 3-4 hours ago at my current financial state. Then, I had to realize I should be mad at myself. Forgot about everyone who said they were sending me money and didn't. I am responsible for my own financial well being. I did't want to take a "serious" job b/c I was going to be here for two months, so I want to take on a casusal one. I filled out like 4 or 5 applications and went to about 10 places. For some reason people aren't hiring and if they were they decided not to hire me. Outside of one, which I couldn't take because somehow I qualified for a job outside of my home town. Well, I need to take my behind to somebody's place of employement and get hired. I realize, if I moved I would be dead broke after paying rent. Heck, if I had enough to pay. It's expensive to move. Rental truck ($310), gas (~$50), application fee (~$25), rent(~$550), etc.

I've been praying for like 2 months now and I feel like I should go. It's life obstacles that make me like oh God what am I thinking. We could walk on water if we didn't doubt. Atlanta here I come.

Playing~ "Emotional rollercoaster"-Vivian Green (how fitting for this to come on. I have my music playing randomly)

R.I.P. Mrs. King...we are losing some great people. It's time for us to step up to the plate and carry the charge they once carried.

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger poetically inclined said...

thanks for stopping by
once again..i can relate. change can be scarey. but it's neccessary it makes us stronger & grow.
remember to stay in prayer & keep your head up...will check back
to see how your move goes...

-peace

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Clay said...

good luck on your move - it is all part of the process ...

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger DizYaBoy said...

growin' up is scary man .... trust me ...

many times ... i wish i was 12 again. (wink)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Ski said...

change is GOOD! enjoy this new phase of your life.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Change is good. Just welcome it, and hope for the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home