Sunday, February 12, 2006

Checking in

"Come back to the middle"-India

Playing~"love pomes"- Bilal

Nothing special has been going on folks. I've been quite the social butterfly this week. I've found that if I can get myself dress, I'm very social. I met Dr. Michael Dyson this week. He is great! I got a chance to grab a fleeting dinner with him. It was suppose to be an hour. Well, traveling reduce out encounter to 10-15 mins. I was like darn! Why do people try to put on a front with a person they perceive to be an intellectual or celebrity? People were too much...he was taken aback. I was borderline offended myself (in my mind, I was saying "sit your bleep down"). He's such a cool guy and they were looking stupid. Don't get me wrong, you want to be on point and discuss their work, but stay in your realm. Don't become Mr./ Mrs. Pro Black or Guru of all things black. I'm so happy I'm over that stage. He balances out well...sometimes he can be a little questionable, but who is perfect?

Playing "Thank Him" -Ted and Sheri

********I feel a rant coming on**************
After the event my friend and I talked about the current state of the blacks at our school. My school is a political mess! Most of the Blacks backstab, front, lie, and unconsciously become "hood" (trying to keep the uninformed blacks on their side..gotta go those votes) Uncle Toms. I too was almost a victim, but I couldn't deal with all the politics and I understood my position. I was a pawn in the game of chess. We all are, but we will sacrifice it all to say our organization run the yard and it is a must we have that BIG resume. In actuality, few to none are qualified to do the job and if they are, they don't help out the BLACK people, like we assume they would. I'm learning to be much more critical of black leaders or ones we coin as our leaders (i.e. Clinton)
**************************************************************
Later that week, a group of my friends and I went to a Black History Month production. Left that and went to the Movies (final destination)...it's just like the previous two, so if u like those, you will like this one. After that we went to IHOP. I really enjoyed their fellowship. This big step show is next week (the biggest one in the southeast by FAR!). The Celebes will come and all the steppers and strollers weeks of rehearsal will be on display. The BIGGEST battle is always between the the Ks and Reds. These ladies won't be defeated. They battle the whole show...lol. My boys better win...well, I don't know what they are going to do, but we will see. I'm finding these things to be less and less amusing.

Playing"beautiful ones"-Prince

3 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Rose said...

I dunno I'm not into M. Dyson. I used to see him on Jerry Springer arguing and acting ghetto.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Clay said...

i love dyson ... yes, we do need to be more critical of leaders ... especially clinton

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

I know I'm late - but the drum beat to Thank Him by Ted & Sheri is HOT. Do you know we have like the EXACT same taste in music...it's like you're my twin - lol.

Coming Into REality,
-Jamal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home