Sunday, January 29, 2006

Truth is

"If my fears were tears, would they fall"-Tweet

Playing~"Sometimes you make me smile" - floetry

Sometimes the truth is too painful, direct, embarrassing, life changing. So much so, that we don't know what to do with it, so we lie. We tell half truths, leave out certain facts, change up a few words. You can call a lie many things "white" "tale", "story", "tale"....bottom line, it's a lie. I've discovered lying is one of the most used method of self-preservation. We say we are over an issue. We are done with him/her. In our hearts, we know those are just words. We even tempted to change our attitudes to match our lies. Some even go as far as change their whole life style. You can do what you may, but the truth still remains. You aren't over it. You still want him/her.

There is a difference between lying to yourself and making a choice. I think that is the fine line between the truth and a lie. You can truly choose to get over it. You can choose to stop involving yourself with him/her. You can make a choice! I think choices (true choices) change our minds and our attitudes, which leads to a change in behavior/decision making. Your emotions will soon follow, if the former things truly change.

give me your thoughts?

Playing~"God is able"-Smokie Norful

6 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I try not to lie, and be honest. But honesty gets you into trouble with people because it can be hurtful. I think one needs to find a balance between truth and tact.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger DizYaBoy said...

sadly, many people prefer to be 'lied' to ... than given the 'bare' truth ...

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

You speaketh the truth in this post! Sometimes the lies hurt more than the truth. There have been times in my life where I've wondered, "okay, why did he/she lie to me about THAT? The truth was so much better?" But people lie for different reasons...I don't know why, but they do.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Sometimes lying helps and other times it hurts. I know exactly how you feel to say you no longer are into a person and deep down inside you are. I believe we say these things so that in the long run we will make our selves believe that we actually dont like that person anymore.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger poetically inclined said...

i think lies like secrets only hurt the ones we intent to protect - including ourselves..
i lied about my feelings for this guy i was kicking it with..why? i dunno..its really stupid. needless to say it all back fired! like they say honesty really is the best policy!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Rose said...

This is well said.. But in reality so many in relationships don't want the truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home