Sunday, January 22, 2006

Decisions

"If you catch me dream. Please don't wake me until I'm done" -Hamilton

Playing "say yes" Shekinah Glory

Today, I have to talk about decision making. We blame too many people for too many things. I was talking to my friend who is a bit salty about some pass "friends". Some kinda way he is the victim. He always end up that way. How, I don't know. However, that night I was not allowing him to play the victim.

PSA: STOP SENSATIONALIZING EVENTS, PEOPLE, PLACE, THINGS (anything that could be a noun)!

You take yourself through a disillusion emotional rollcoaster. Back to the story at hand,I had to bring it in for him. We make decision and we must be man/woman enough to live with them. Nobody owe us anything. We are responsible for our actions and reactions. I don't care how someone smooth talks, beggs, pleads, holds you. We can't get mad at people because we invested in them and they didn't want to return the favor. We decided to make that investment and they decided not to. Tough pill to swallow, but it's the truth. We must take responsibility for what we do. Now if someone flat out lied and you made you're decision on that. We may have a problem. Other than that, get over it! We need to stop blaming people. Man up !

Playing "Pass Me over"~Anthony Hamilton

13 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Brownsoul said...

It's so easy to become a victim when a decision you make goes wrong, but you're right. We need own our decisions--good and bad. They all shape the lives we live. So then, if one looks around and he doesn't like the life he's living or some aspect of it, then he should review his decisions. Personal responsibility.

Good stuff.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

yeah...i hear u

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger "N" Search of Ecstasy said...

I heard that!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

falling victim to someones unproductive friendship is easy. Not saying that we dont do things to make the other person mad but if the friendship is TRUE there is nothing that can come between it and people will learn to talk about their problems. But honestly I feel him, I feel like I am the victim a lot.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger YAZMAR said...

He just might be a victim...if he's the type of person who tries to be friendly to people and stabb him in the back.....it can happen and has happened to me...my advice is to always keep your back against the wall!!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger christopher said...

being a perpetual victim feels safe to some people. if things are f'd up in thier lives its easier to blame someone else than it is to take responsibility for thier decisions. Most times you do have to "bring it" [aka the truth] to them and make them eat it. a difficult task, but if they're open to truly exploring the self, they could learn a great deal.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Stone said...

Blaming someone is just another excuse for our own failures.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger ProfessorGQ said...

I need to tell my best friend to stop sensationalizing things going on in everyone else's lives and focus on his shit.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Suezette b.k.a. Mz.Black Geisha said...

I love Anthony Hamilton's new cd...mos def one you can just pop in and let ride

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

Hot post - but I love your taste in gospel music. Um, Stephen Hurd's "Let it Rise" is my shiznit!!! I play it like every day.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Accomplice said...

unfortunately, speaking the truth to delusional people is like talking to a brick wall. they shake their head yes, but inside they still feel like they had nothing to do with how they were wronged.
you will hear more about that later on my blog.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Thought provoking.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Rose said...

You are right on target with this topic. Again well said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home