Monday, January 02, 2006

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus". Phil 3 v.13-14

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

I am so happy to say 2005 is officially over. I thought 2004 was bad, but 2005 showed me I had not seen anything. However, that is the pass and we will leave it there. Imagine if we drove the way we lived our life. We would crash all the time. Our rearview mirror is so small and provides us with no information on what is before us. Our windshield is so large and tells us a great deal of what is in front of us. Just like we won't drive looking in our rearview mirror, we shouldn't live our life that way.

Playing: "taxi" Tweet

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2006 has in store. This year will truly be a new year for me. No school, new city (ATL), moving away from home, first real job, etc. I'm ready to receive something good! I decided not to make an vows to anybody. However, I do pray that I am a better me in 2006. I am a realist and I do know that unfortunately I will do somethings I desire not to do, but I also know that it's all about decision making, so lets hope & pray that I don't repeat stupid decisions. With that being stated, I made a goal list for 2006 and I plan on buying a frame, so that I can see them often. It's not very long or detail, because my life is so contingent on some many things, so that was a hindrance.

By the way friend seems to be well. We haven't spoken, but he seems to be up in spirit.

11 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger Stone said...

Happy Happy New YEAR!!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger chele said...

You have a great attitude. Thanks for stopping by my spot.

Happy New Year.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous grayse said...

Welcome to my city! :)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said...

You're not the first person I've heard that frames their goals for the year. It serves as a reminder and helps you achieve them. Good luck with your career and living on your own.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Rose said...

That's a good idea to frame your goals. I know you will accomplish them all because you seem so positive....

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger mytruth said...

Happy new year to you all too.
I'm trying to keep a positive atttitude. I've been tested already and my response was pretty good. I'm proud...I"m in survival mood now, so I'm down for whatever.

Graye...give me some helpful tidbits.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger G. Cornelius Harris said...

Same to you...I'll keep you posted

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Shavar said...

Sounds exciting, Happy New Year!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger bornagain said...

May God grant you what you wish and keep you from all evil.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Georgiapeach said...

Happy New Year! Glad to see your moving to Atlanta. You are going to enjoy it. Nice to meet you.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger ProfessorB said...

That mirror/windshield analogy about life is so clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home