Thursday, December 22, 2005

What you want

"Seasons Change" Jagged Edge Ft. John Legend (via honey soul)

The new year is really going to sneak me. It hit me today that a new year is 9 days away. Can you believe it? I surely can't. With that hovering over my head, I decided to get a little bit more serious about how I want the coming year to be different than this present one. I stole away for a moment and wrote in a journal with the lights off and a candle lit. While writing about recent events I started thinking about how I want next year to be different from this one. Consequently, I realize I don't know what I want. One thing I do know is what I don't want, which is good, but I need to know what I want. If you are looking for something you need to know what it looks like more than what it doesn't look like. Do you agree? Now I'm faced with another challenge....figuring out what I want. This should be easy, right? It's not! We focus so much on the things we don't want or what we don't like and rarely focus on the things we want.

Once I get my thoughts together I'm going to write the vision and make it plain. I plan on typing out everything and putting them in a frame, so that I will see them everyday. Hopefully, this will help me to be very conscious of my goals and the things that will hinder them.

I'm going to make an effort to date in 2006. This too shall be interesting. I haven't dated anyone in like 5 years. I always said there was nobody out there, but the truth is I wasn't looking. Apparently, I gave that vibe off too. I scared two girls away without knowing it. I'm moving to a new city and state.......Atlanta, Ga here I come. I'll be there in mid-late February. I'm done with school and I going to start my first real job. This is going to be a new year for me fo'real. I'm excited and the anxiety has not kicked in yet. However, I do need to get some money for this transition. I need to find some whatever job until mid-February.

Y'all I feel like sanging...I just want to open up and just sing. I said I'm going to re-join the praise team in January. We will see if I actually do. Still advise me on some good reads (looking to read)

1 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Stone said...

I am with you man. I have plans for the new year. But i know what i want and what I do not want. Lets just be better people in 06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home