Sunday, December 25, 2005

" Sometimes our greatest strength can be our weakness" - My truth

Playing: "One" Mary J. Blige & Bono

Sometimes it's not about understanding why things occur. It's about overcoming them, so that you can gather the wisdom that lies on the other side. With every trial, growth and wisdom accompanies it. It's up to us to embrace growth and wisdom or allow a trial to lead us to a place of bleakness. A place where we fight against overselves and the inevitable. By all accounts I'm fighter. I don't give up easy, but I recently learned that sometimes you have to let go. So many negative thoughts come along with walking away, quitting, letting go, but sometimes that is the wisest move you can make. Sometimes fighting to make something work is very unwise. I know it hard to accept a bad situation, but sometimes that how it is. When we don't, we fight ourselves into a place that was never intended for us, so I'm accepting what God allows. I have decided to embrace the growth and wisdom that accompanies every trial. I advise everyone to look at what they are trying to make work. What type of return is it bringing you? My mantra for 2006 is still "after the storm" and I'm coming in smiling.

Happy Holidays! Enjoy your family & friends

Playing "Take me as I am" Mary J. Blige

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger ShawnQt said...

YOU HAVE A GORGEOUS SMILE!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Clay said...

One is the 1/2 songs that i like on the new Mary album - good motto for 2006!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

I hope you had a blessed holiday!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

Happy Holidays!

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Accomplice said...

I find it is best not to try to figure everything out because for me, sometimes things just are and there is no rhyme or reason for it (hope you understand that). happy holi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home