Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"That's a negative" Stennett

School & Conference
First, I must give an update. In my Managerial Economics class I received a B or C+ on the last test. Big improvement from a F on the first test, huh? In my Business Finance class, the teacher had to give a 21 points for a curve. Clearly, it's not us...It's his behind. If most (50% +)of the class failed, it's you, not us. The class should be called graduation, b/c it's so serious. School is straight, but I need to attend class more often. The conference that I've been mentioning is this weekend. Thank God! People are still out of control and the disrespect has become worse. I'm trying my best not to come to this conference confrontational, because I really want to chin check one person in particular. Violence is not the answer, but it can solve some problems.

Jobs
Okay, I'm doing a bad job at job searching. I'm so caught up in the here and now. However, I have done some work, but I have much more to do. The weekend after next I will be on this job thing! First, I must say I'm shocked at the job market for Business majors. Everything is either sales or retail. What is that about? We are seriously competing hard to get management positions at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc...What?! However, I currently have two options Macy's and Express Scripts ( pharmaceutical company). Lets evaluate:
Macy's is in Atlanta. Express Scripts is in no where, GA. Macy's win!
Express Scripts I will be working in a call center. Macy's I will be a store manager. Macy's win
Express Scripts pays more..Nuff Said!
Macy's want me to go through internship program first (low pay, 10 weeks), because I don't have retail experience. Express Script is ready for me to come right on. Express Scripts win
I'm thinking about looking into banking, because those are some options, but not my desired job. Heck none of them are! I'm leaning toward Macy's despite all of the negatives. It's in a big city and I need some place where I can tap into some resources. Live life...this small town stuff is not working for me.
Bet Show (first 50 mins)
*What the heck is going on with Arseno Hall? He looks like wtbleep. Howard still has it. Hammer what is going on?
New Edition still has it, they work hard! Lawd, they even had Bobby Brown, but he is screaming at us. SING...his voice...this is getting sad.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

Good luck with that Econ class. And I remember the days of curves...professors need to stop making their tests so damn hard!!

And I was thinking the same thing about Bobby. I think he was just too excited to have his one little line lol.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Congrats on passing that class and landing a job....Hammer can still dance-Booby made the show to me....it was boring until the New Edition and Bobby came out...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

Why did everyone see the BET show BUT ME?

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

job searching just plain sux

 

Post a Comment

<< Home