Monday, October 03, 2005

Playing unbreakable- Alica Keys

I was in church today and my pastor preached a sermon without a title, but it was great. The sermon came from Jeremiah Chp. 20 v. 7-11. Basically, it was Jeremiah at his wits ends with purpose. He was doing the will of God, but it caused him so much persecution, that he decided that he was never going to preach/prophesy again. He didn’t want to mentions God’s name! However, his purpose was so entrenched in him he could not help himself. He had to fulfill his destiny. Sometimes our talents, gifts, potential, etc. can be our greatest source of aggrevation. We become frustrate with the manifestation of our desires, talents, gift, etc being fulfilled. We need to re-direct that energy and let it frustrate us to the point that we take a chance. Leap out on faith and try to fulfill those dreams, desires, passions, etc. Lets stop looking at are circumstances thinking that we can’t accomplish what we desire because of our past mistake or unwise decisions that have placed us in this frustrating place. Let forget those things and let us press towards the things that we are truly passionate about. When the circumstances say no…we need not to take that at face value. Yes, your gpa may not be what it should be, but does that mean u eliminate the possibility of attending a school that you desire (within reason of course). And if u believe in a higher power let God prove himself. Sometimes God makes the way blurry for us, because he wants us to trust him. However, u can’t wavier in your trust, because if you do..you’re not believe. Thus, u can’t receive anything.

Now everyone knows the predicament I’m in when it comes to school. It’s either sink or swim. Well, let me give you an update. One class…I’m doing well (possibly an A), other class a B. This is great, but these two classes really don’t profit me much in the grand scheme of things. I can get a D in these classes and it wouldn’t hurt me at all. The two classes I need to graduate are the problem. I must get an A and a C or two Bs. Well, I took a test for one of them on Tuesday along with the other test. I bomb! It looks like I made a F on this test. Now I know I study for the other test more, which was stupid on my behalf and I cramped a little, but I was not expecting an F. I did well on all the suggested, practice and old exams problems I’m like H to the nawl. This can’t be right. It will be official on Monday. Hopefully, this is a mistake. The other class, I missed the first test because of my scalp issues…oh the head is doing fine by the way. So I won’t know how well I’m doing in that class until the final exam. I’m like God this is going to be something. Y’all make sure u say prayers for your boy. I ordered my invitation anyway (that was me acting on faith). I have faith that this class thing will come together. Second, I have to appeal to the school because I didn’t attend summer school for 9 hours (I need 3 more). I’m like what in the world!

Playing “Sorry for the stupid thing” –Babyface (this Grown and Sexy album is the truth)

My aunt just moved back to our hometown, because she was sick of 305. So I will see my baby girls more (little cousins).

I’m being extra-alert this week. Usually, when I’m doing well spiritually I have a tendency to mess it up! Especially, when I’m a little disgruntled by current state. Trying to find a quick fix or whatever I’ll seek out to do- I need not do it! We need to learn how to wait and trust in the unseen.

I’m going to call Silky, but I’m not going to take her out or anything. I’m going to keep it on that friendly tip. After all, she is living with an ex associate of mine. No beef we just don’t talk now.

I’m sexual frustrated! Okay, before you guys think I’m this sexed crazed person, let’s reconsider the facts. 22 and I haven’t had sex, so you can imagine! Plus, this isn’t usually a BIG issue. It’s something about these last two weeks. And for the new readers this is by choice. I’m trying to wait till marriage-lets see if I make. God help! And for those who are wondering…no, u can’t have those touch myself moments (was that too much?…lol). Well, some people (Christians) debate that fact, but I’m going to play it safe. If you do……hey, that’s u. What are you're thoughts on that? I've heared so many arguments, but I'm like your stimuli will cause u to lust. Thus, you've sinned...Idunno, give me your feedback.

People are so selfish do u know one of my friends got really piss because I didn’t want to divulge my business. I’m like you can’t help me, why am I going to tell you everything. If you can’t give me an answer…then, I realize this person was trying to get close to me, but I didn’t care. Respect my space-darn!

10 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Executive Decision said...

Man, your blog has sincerely blessed me on today. I am a product of endless talent, sometimes I can't decide on my next step or move in life. And oftentimes, I second guess, visions that I know are divine. Today, you have re-energized my drive! Keep on spreading the word. Keep it touch.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I agree with "executive decision" very inspirational post. You gonna make a brotha quit his job and pursue his dreams. I'd better get out of here quick before i do just that.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unconquerable Soul said...

keep that mindset... its very easy to get side track and forget that you must have faith to get your blessing.. keep it up! And thanks for the reminder, because i needed that today!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

As for u being sexually frustrated...you're not.

You may be curious but if that door hasn't yet been opened you have not felt FRUSTRATION.lol
Although I know you may be itching for some sexual attention.
I know waiting may seem like a thankless thing to do, but it will SO pay off. My words might not mean anything but if I could do it all over again...I'd wait.

I married my first. I'm so glad I did. What you have to offer is so precious, value it and you will be rewarded richly!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Rose said...

On the grade thing, please check if you feel that you didn't deserve the F. This happened to me twice in college and both times I was given another students' grades. I had to go to the dean of the department and they investigated and gave me my grades back. On both ocassions the professors shrugged and said they all look alike...

On waiting until marriage, I say if you made it this far you can wait. That is so special that it should be shared with that special person...impressive

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Coley said...

Dang it... Everyone said what I wanted to say... LOL! That's what I get for taking too long to get my butt over here!

Anyways, just passing thru to say wassup! And thank you for the recap on the sermon you received! I love thought provoking posts... Thank you!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

very inspiring keep up the good word!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Mata Hari said...

Okay...since this is the net and this what I would think in person I might as well say it...

Good for you on waiting...I cant see it but good for you. Then again...I am sure you read my blog and immediately pray for me...

I posted on another post before I read this and it gives perspective. I will definantly continue to read your blog...it is interesting to see how other folks live.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Rod said...

God bless you in your struggle brother. Once you've experimented with sex it can be almost impossible to completely return to a life of abstinence. I'm a witness! My poem "De Facto Celibacy" tells my story on that subject.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sunnchine said...

Hey E. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 23 (going on 24) and I'm a virgin - by choice. I'm also waiting until marriage. Excellent decision my man. I honestly believe it will pay off! Keep it up!

Good luck with school as well. I don't know about you, but college was some of the best days for me....I miss it. Make the most of it and STUDY HARD!!! All the best. Peace & Blessings :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home