Wednesday, October 12, 2005

lose control

Control: to reduce the incidence or severity of especially to innocuous levels (that's one definition)

I think that's all our desire to reduce the chances of us getting hurt, but when does it turn into fear? I think We all are fighting to gain more control. More control of our money, time, love ones, jobs, etc. We dare not show that we lack control. You are definitely lacking something if you are letting things flow, but what about matters of the heart. Do we need to have a firm grip on those things too? And really how much control do we have? The control we possess is an illusion. Katrina and everyday events let us know that; despite how much we plan $**t happens. I want to lose control, but I too suffer with control problems. I don't like the unknown (well, sometimes) and the what if this mess don't work. I usually save face and stick to something I can have a moderate amount of control of. But the unknown is what makes life fun. Tomorrow lets allow ourselves to do something that we want to do and let go of our restraints. Approach the person u have been eyeing for some time. Go somewhere you have been dying to go to. Let me know how it works out?

Aretha Franklin "A house is not a home" (she ate this song up)

I want to lose control

I want this to last forever like some religious type of love.
I want intimacy so deep it's a spiritual type of love.
I want that mmmhhmm good Campbell soup type of love.
The kind of love that makes me phone up my mom and say she is the one type of love.
When I'm inside you I cry type of love.
I want that vulnerable, uncontrolled, available, kinda love
My sun rise and sets on you kinda of love
I want that this shit is dangerous kinda love
I'm willing to look a fool for you, if you ask me to type of love
That sincere call to say I love you kinda love...untainted, genuine, not that mack shit kinda love.
I dare not lose control and share this type of love.

6 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Essequibo said...

Yes. I am feeling this post. I can relate, I'm always in control at all times, always with the game face, armor up...*sigh* I dare not lose that kind of control, dare I? I feel you

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

I'm REALLY feelin this post right about now. You are right when you say that the unknown is what keeps life interesting. I have been guilty being frightened of the uncertainties when it comes to love.

Nice post

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Curious1 said...

Definetly truth you speak, my friend. Control can drive people crazy. Some just like control cuz it helps them sleep at night. It's tough to go out on a limb without having a clue of the consequences. Let's remember that in order to gain greatly, you must be willing to risk greatly as well. That's how some of the most intriguing discoveries were made.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Geat post, this made me reflect and guess what? I am a control freak..not bad I don't think but I don't take many risks and I can not imagine being out of control and if I slip I probably would have a difficult time admitting that I was. Wow! I may try to do something different and risky today. Will let you know how that works out...

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Executive Decision said...

I'm loving the way you speak about love.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger lady in satin said...

I really like this poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home