Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Matters at hand

An Illusion
Today was the career fair and I realize I don't know what I want to do. The pay range seems to be around early-mid thirty thousand. That's not going to work! I looked around and talked to a few companies. I realize I have no ideal what I really want to do for a profession. All of this time I've been saying that I'm going to work after graduate..blah, blah, blah. I don't know what I want to do. Sales, it will do, but I it's not ideal. Management seems a little bit more reasonable, but not for Buckle, Walgreen, etc. No! That is not it! So here I am Senior graduate in December and I don't know what I want to do. I'm freaked out, very uncertain. It's press time folks and I don't know what I want to do. This isn't a good feeling. I left Career fair early-I was just done. This is not the dream that was sold to me. You go to school, learn what you are interested in, u get the job you desire b/c u worked hard and excelled in academics and leadership. That was definitely an illusion. I'm an idealist....darn me!

Playing Mariah ft. Jay-z & Young Jeez "Shake it off" (remix)

Okay, this girl lets call her silky. She has a boyfriend, but before they were dating she was trying to get at me. She is cute and is definitely going places. Warning: This is about to sound ignorant and slightly racist. She does not look very black. There is something about black women that I just love. She's mixed I'm assuming. Possibly arabian and lation..I'm not sure. Plus, she doesn't have that extra spark, but she was looking awesome today! Now she has been trying to get in contact with me for sometime(~3 months), but I never called back. When we ran into each other today she made sure I had her number and I assured her I was going to call her. Funny thing, the dude who was trying to get at her while she was trying to talk to me was an associate of mine. Now they stay together..yes, u read right. Why is she still pressed for me to call her. It's weird. Idunno. Reason why I'm weary of this whole "lets kick it thing". Most of my beef/fall out with guys have something to do with a girl. Dudes always thought I was trying to take their girlfriend and they are ready to fight me. Know your boy never backs down, he makes negros back down. Heck to my surprise some dudes were mad at me b/c they thought their dude liked me. How they got that idea I don't know.

I'm pissed with my chapter. They have fallen off...I'm laying back b/c I don't want to step on the toes of my brother and friend, but I'm sick of the lack-luster performance. I'm his biggest supporter, but we want from being one of premier to subpar in the matter of a summer and 6 weeks of school - I'm not please. However, I'm letting him have his presidency, but if things don't change quickly. I will intervene.

Extra, Extra...read all about it
My hair is so much better thank goodness. I can get rid of durag. I'm hurt'em with this edge. Yeah, I can be cocky...this my space get over it.

I'll tell you all about test when the grades come in.

I had this crazy praise & worship thing going on this morning...I just had a good time praising the lord.

Give me some feedback on that
Silky, Career fair, everything...

Lil' Kim being compared to Lauryn this has got to be a freakin' joke

4 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

With the economy the way that it is, jobs are something in high demand and low pay. I suggest that if there are other job fairs at other schools nearby, attend them. Put your resume out there any and everywhere. And if all else fails, you may have to relocate to make the money that you want. Good luck :)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Rose said...

You are young and you have time to try jobs out and find your way. Take a job so that you will have the means to take care of yourself while you find what you want to do. Remember you are young and can job test...just don't feel like you have to stay somewhere that makes you unhappy.

As for Silky....I'd be careful with a woman who is already living with a guy and trying to get with you...remember Karma...whatever you do comes right back to you...

Sick of your chapter...put togeher a performance for them and step on...

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

LOL - I'd say holla at ol' girl - get it for what's it's worth. When it ain't worth nothing anymore, know when to let go.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home