Monday, September 19, 2005

Beauty is deceptive

Playing "Heaven"- Mary, Mary

"Beauty is Vain"

This statement has never been more true for me than now. Being beautiful/handsome is so deceptive, it's like a vapor. You can be beautiful/handsome at one moment and one event could change everything.

Playing "Great is the Lord"-Dorinda Clark-Cole

Well, let me tell you about my experience. First, sick people make me SICK (figuratively). I hugged this girl who tells me latter that she is sick. Well, later on that night I'm traveling out of town with brothers to go to a reception I mention in my previous post. I'm looking good (I must say so myself), but I keep saying my lip feels like it's cut or something. Next day I got a darn fever blister. I'm pissed!

The story doesn't end there. I'm glutton for punishment, right? I have been talking about getting a bald head for some time. I finally did it the week before last (it was cut the day before reception). One of my brothers cut my hair in his bathroom (I may post a pic). Some people loved it and some ppl didn't care for it, but nobody thought it looked bad. Well, my hair starts growing back and I had patches. I'm like u have got to be kidding me, but people made it seem like it was normal, so I let it slide. However, I buy Sulfur 8 (medicated hair grease) thinking that would help balance everything. Two days later my head is on fire. Imagine Denzel in Malcom X. My head is all in the tub, trying to cool it off. I can't take it anymore Sunday I go to doctor they don't know exactly what is going on. They give me a prescription for extremely dry skin. They couldn't find any bacteria or anything, so that was their best guess. I could have avoid this possible if I would have done my research on this before I jumped down in someone's seat.

Now I'm walking around with the ugly lip and patched head. Good thing is my hair is so low u can't really tell, but I don't go out unless I have too.

forget cute, get competent.

6 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous safa said...

Awwww...I hope you feel better. BTW, I think shaving your head took moxie! I definitely would not and could not do that.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

Aww baby boy - I'm sorry...u want a hug? I'm sure your head doesn't look THAT bad.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Wow two bad incidents. Sorry!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Clay said...

you know you're still beautiful!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger lady in satin said...

I believe physical beauty is vain...but true beauty is only SKIN DEEP. Always remember that. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home