Friday, August 05, 2005

Question

Playing: Devil Advocate
Random Thoughts
"What's meant to be will be" /"If it was meant to be it will be"
This statement kinda pisses me off from time-to-time. It's such a cop out to me. Yes, it comforts us, like most cop outs do; they help us deal with things we can't digest, but what if something(s) that was meant to be simply doesn't exist. If you would have pushed a little more. Tried one more time. What if? But then, the question is when are you fighting against fate?
playing~"Like You" Bow Wow ft. Ciara ( I love how she sings the chorus like a warm up-am I really listening to Bow Wow?)
Predestined
I for one believe that we all are put here for a REASON! I believe that we all have a destiny to fulfill. However, if it's predestined how does one avoid fulfilling it? We have free will. Some make it and some don't. So is free will the problem? Since the reason for our lives are predestined shouldn't our choices be predestined?
Sidenote: Does God already know who is going to see him in peace (we all we see him)? I mean he has seen the end already (Alpha & Omega/Omnioptent) or does free will change his (that's impossible, right?). Okay, diggin' to deep, but if I'm predestined to go down I would like to know, because I want to go ALL OUT. In other words, Act a Darn Fool
playing~I'm sprung -T. Payne (this songs ride)
We hurt the ones we love the most
Aint this a fugged up statement, but why is it so true? I don't know if it's because they expect more or we take them for granted, unsure. nuff said
Things that feel good (physically, emotionally, mentally) aren't always good for us.
Whew!!! So true. As my pastor would say "Everything good isn't God; Everything God is, is good." Why does some bad things feel so good, is the real question.
Why Does it take 5 positive things to cancel out one negative
Some how we like negative things how us down. Some says we look nice we think oh that was nice of them and keep it move in. They say we are ugly we think about it all day trying to figure it out, why?
*As always no proofing and give me some feedback.
Doesn't every one have a level of hyprocisy
We all have done something we claimed to be wack, lame, etc. Like everyone hates when people lie to them, but haven't you lied to someone.
Expressions
Is it really possible to express yourself honestly? No filtering-just 100% you at that time.
Extras
3 part: my truth, my journey (it's serious) part one is just about done. It's a little long, so part two maybe have been started on unknowingly.Trust you will enjoy. Mr. Goodie two shoes may not be as good as we think*wink*. The truth on sex and everything inbetween..
*Who raps the song that has "And I'm telling you (your going to love me)" sped up as the chorus?. I heard it in Atlanta last year, but it's just becoming popular, I think.

5 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger coley said...

Very powerful post!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy said...

Your Gonna Love Me is by a new group called DA Backwudz

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Liber8Lyph said...

To answer your question, no I do not perform. Always thought of doing it but, im too shy. Anyway, I don't try to write everyting poeticly...it just comes out that way. Wish I had a way to control it at times.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Midlife Crisis said...

>Why Does it take 5 positive things to cancel out one negative

Because human beings think that they are here to "win". Since "winning" is our goal, anything that counters that perception--no matter how minor or infrequent--deeply wounds our delicate egos. We equate "winning" with being "right". Therefore, we hate to "lose" or to feel "wrong".

In truth, the fear of being "wrong" is deeply rooted in the dogma of fear-based religion, which tell us that we must be MADE WORTHY in God's sight and BE WORTHY in order to receive God's blessings.

With that subconscious message, anything that may even resemble us "losing" or being "wrong" is not only ego-crushing, but deeply TERRIFYING as we perceive it as somehow losing touch with God's favor, guidance and protection.

This may sound like I am going too deep but think about some of most fickle things that are considered blessings: good looks, other people's favor, your reputation, etc. Because of this perception, if someone happens to get a negative comment about something as inconsequential as a haircut, it has the potential to deeply affect a person's psyche--depending on their level of ego sensitivity. ( and fear-level, in general--which is what ego-sensitivity is, anyway).

Pardon the dissertation. Midlife can rap about this shit all day. :-)
Thanks for the opportunity and holla back if you so choose.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger That Girl said...

I've enjoyed reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home