Thursday, August 18, 2005

Nolia Clap

*Since I was gone for awhile, I've posted two post ( Y'all know I love y'all more than Whiteny loves that wig she keeps wearing). Y'all promise to read both, right? And all the bloggers say OF COURSE, TRUTH...YOUR OUR BOY! I didn't hear anything, but I'm going to be checking for comments on both entries)...don't cause to blogsmack your butts! edit [I haven't seen any comments for the second entry...don't I need to prepare my virtual hand?]

The debauchery and the crunkness of the city was beyond belief (these ppl almost had sex on the balacony of this place, they may have I turned away after he start taking off her bra and the drinks never stop flowing there). I was like Jesus Christ! However, I secretly like that type of caring on-the crunkness, uncertain of the deauchery part (shhh...don't tell nobody). I had to remind myself several times.....I'm living for God. That place makes u want to get loose. No, let me tell the truth (that is part of my name, right?)...u want to get loose and that place brings that out. And of course, I let my better judgment keep me from participating in the festivities. Bruhs would have been shocked by my antics. If I would have just let the whole truth and nothing but the truth be release. I'm the good guy most of them are mindful of me when they speak, act out, etc.

However, some of it was a bit much. Stripper clubs were everywhere. They actually had the doors open to these places with the strippers sitting out there with their strippers uniform. I was like wt heck. And don't let one of them get bold enough to step out in the street and let u know what's up. The showing of the breast was a given. It's N O, expect nothing less. sidenote: The malls suck for a big city. The police there are a joke! No wonder they have the highest murder rate-their efforts are despicable.

Whisky Blue (it's in the W hotel) is a nice place to chill out with a group of friends to converse and drink . We went there every night and of course, yours truly had a coke or some water ( I was a little ashame to order that at first). Bring your own friends, b/c most ppl are with a group. Ppl in the N O are easy to talk to. I really played on that "I'm not from here thing". My bruhs were unusually cautious about talk to women, so I initiate everything. I felt really confident, so I was just approaching folks (plus, I had my grown man thing going). There is a restaurant called "Mulates" or something like that...GREAT FOOD. A little pricey bring at least $25 (includes tax and tips). One bruh tried to be cheap....appetizer, desert and a drink $17+...I clown his cheap butt and he still was hunger..lol. That junk was funny. Obviously, he didn't exam the menu carefully. We laughed from packing to unpacking. It was the funniest trip ever-one of the best traveling trips with the brothers. The shriners (I'm not a shriner) were everywhere-they were having a conference of some sort. We never got into the house of blues. The night we knew we were getting in it was a Bobby Valentino after party that was $15. First, I don't club. Second, $15 what for who? third, too many girls will be focus on him. Because of the competition a lot places are free. When someone said pay for something, we looked at them like they were speaking French or something. Us negros pay? Clearly, you are mistaken.

Oh I can't forget there was this lady who sung her butt off at this jazz bar/club. Last name Griffin. I want to say here first name is michelle or mary. She sings back up for Ms. Patti Labelle, so that lets you know her vocal skills are up to par. Think Tina Truner with a nice range and a voice not quite that rasp or harsh. This chick can blow! We missed most of the show we caught the last 10-15 mins. We came in on purple rain-this chick killed it (that is not an easy task). Her back ground was no joke either.

Everyone there is a hustler....do u know some folks make money by standing still and putting a half cocked uniform on. I'm like goddog...I've seen it all. Overall, it's a cool place to visit-no where to stay. Dirrrtttyyyy!!!!! It's just too much, everything is just too much. This trip was need. Yes, I'm broke...I have like $40-50 in the bank total. Good thing I stay at home now-huh?

Car rental 280+
Hotel:2 nights free b/c of credit card pts, one night fee $71
Gas: ~$190
Bonding w/ bruhs: priceless

********************READ THE Blog below this ENTRY*********
That 3 prt series "my truth, my journey" is still coming...on the real, I have to edit some of the material...it maybe too much.

7 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Nia said...

I've never commented but I had to today. You are the absolute first male blogger than I ran into that avoided that much debauchery. Not even one titi bar? LOL Nice post.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Man thanks for reminding me that I am not the only one who finds himself almost in control but never fully the way he wants to be. You are a funny dude. Why would someone want to go to a strip club anyway? What's the point?

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Suezette b.k.a. Mz.Black Geisha said...

Hey hey hey...I know I haven't been through in a minute...but looks like you've been having tons of fun without me...'Sup wit dat? LOL

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger SoftSpoken said...

Interesting reading. I will be back. Nice Blog.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Icylyrics said...

You are one special dude. Enjoyed your words.

Icy

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Stone said...

Damn I wanted to go on the next trip

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger mytruth said...

no, not one...lol

No problem, we all are facing the same thing. We all just act like we have arrived-please, keep it real. I don't understand the spending money on that either. Get u all worked up for u to be by yourself-NO SIRRR

Keep coming back and yes, I am real special...lol

Your welcome to come...lol.

sorry, I know it would be so much better if I proof, but I just can't it's too much work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home