Monday, August 22, 2005

Music Monday

Songs that ride out, but everyone thinks they are whack. No, you're whack b/c you listen to them. Most of these songs will be throw back songs. Don't forget about the Extra at the bottom

"Stay" by Lisa Loeb

You say I only hear what I want to. You say I talk so all the time so.

And I thought what I felt was simple, And I thought that I don't belong, And now that I am leaving, Now I know that I did something wrong 'cause I missed you. Yeah, I missed you.

And you say I only hear what I want to: I don't listen hard, I don't pay attention to the distance that you're running Or to anyone, anywhere, I don't understand if you really care, I'm only hearing negative: no, no, no.

So I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up, And this woman was singing my song: The lover's in love, and the other's run away, The lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay.

Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was Dying since the day they were born. Well, this is not that: I think that I'm throwing but I'm thrown. And I thought I'd live forever, but now I'm not so sure. You try to tell me that I'm clever, But that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere with you.

You said that I was naive, And I thought that I was strong. I thought, "hey I can leave, I can leave." But now I know that I was wrong, 'cause I missed you.

You said, "I caught you 'cause I want you and one day I'll let you go." You try to give away a keeper, or keep me 'cause you know You're just scared to lose. And you say, "Stay."

You say I only hear what I want to.

Extra!! Extra!!
  • Have you ever in your long legged life had a friend who mad you question you alls friendships? I have this friend, we roll deep, but I think dude thinks he has to compete with me. First of all, that's impossible (what are u thinking?). Second, we aren't competing. Why should I compete when I'm my own standard ( God sets the standard for me-can u get any higher?). Third, we are friends fool! He tries to kick me when it "appears" that I'm down and he's up. Says little slick things and I'm thinking what's wrong with this dude.
  • Proofing, I know, I know, I know-I just can't do it. It's too much work. I know it would make my entries flow so much better, but I can't do it (I'm lazy and I'm a business major we don't write much). I'll try to catch things during my first draft. How does that sound?
  • The "My Truth, My Journey" entries are still coming. Fo'real!
  • I'm in revival-I feel SO GOOD SPIRITUALLY!

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger lj said...

I use to like that sone. It's the only song I remember( well more like the video).

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger LivingSingle said...

I feel you on the friend thing. I have a friend who is always trying to compete with me. AND she kicks me when I'm down. Her ways used to bother me...But then I realize that some people are just like that, because she even does that with her sisters. I just overlook her pettiness most of the time.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Juli said...

Stay. That's so funny that you like that song. i do too. It is one of FEW songs I can karaoke successfully! Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way:)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

Mr. My Truth,

Revival, huh? Well go you!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

LOVE that song. Thanks for reminding me!
And, as for the friend. True friends, with nothing but the purest of hearts and intentions wouldn't be like that. Clearly your friend has insecurities within himself that he hasn't dealt with so it's easier to turn them on to you.
If he's someone you want to keep a friend, love him anyway through the BS and hopefully, he'll figure it out. Otherwise, don't allow him to kick you when you're down. You don't deserve that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home