Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Be still and know

Now playing Vivian Green-"Gotta leave, Gotta go"

It's a terrible thing when you don't understand season. There is a season for mourning, sadness, happiness, joy, etc, but when we don't understand the changing of seasons we become frustration, confused even. That's where I am kinda of. I'm slowly understanding that this is a season of silence and maturity. However, this season is hard to digest. The uncertainty is a killer. People like myself think that silence is great when it's your choice , but when you have silence against your own will it's tough. I'm finding it hard to understand where I am in life. It's like I'm pregnant with possibilities, ideals, aspirations, dreams. But, I have no ideal on how to obtain or if I'm able to accomplish these ideals, aspirations, dreams, and possibilities. It's like you know there is something great for you to accomplish,but you don't see your current condition putting you on the path of accomplishing these goals. There is this inner silence that is aggravating you to death, but it's also pushing you to figure out what your ultimate purpose is.

Now playing Vivian Green "mad"

In these times when silence seems piercing and aggravating be still and know. Know that you are great and you will accomplish every dream you have. Most of all, understand your season. Take this time to gain understanding. Take this time to cultivate yourself. AND FOR THE SAKE OF GOD! DON'T FALL FOR THE SUBSTITUTES! Substitutes can rage from anything from quick fixes to appeasing bad habits. When we are frustrated we tend to make unwise decisions. This whole section was me coaching myself, alright time to put the game face back on.

Now playing Vivian Green "Selfish"

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger No4real4real said...

Wow man you are on this too! SmilingDL and I been talking about our lives having purpose all week. You really need to check out his most recent post - Purpose Driven Life. It speaks to what you are talking about. Check out the book. As a matter of fact the website for the book had the first 6 days. I think you would enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home