Thursday, June 23, 2005

Is it expedient

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient.....

****Tevin Campbell playing "All ways in my heart"

After these words were spoken to me I began to think. How much of my everyday activities are expedient? And I realize a lot of stuff needs to be eliminated. somethings profit me nothing, so why am I investing in it. It's time for me to be the best me I can be. How long have we all been saying that line? But seriously, it's time. I'm about to graduate from college at the end of this year, I need to maximize every opportunities and drop a lot of non-profitable things, people, etc. So I need to evaluate what I'm entertaining or who I am entertaining. I challenge all of you all to do the same. Maybe we will attract the things were are soliciting: companions, friends, jobs, etc. Of course, all things in moderation.

*Is Tom Cruise coming across crazy to anyone else?
*Donnie McClurkin album is decent/good.
* I got the calendar...and the photo is one that I didn't have a copy of and it's the bomb! I'm pleased

5 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger Suezette b.k.a. Mz.Black Geisha said...

I knew Tom Cruise lost it when he appeared on 106 & Park with Katie Holmes

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger No4real4real said...

Quoting Tevin Campbell are we? You should feel some kind of way about that. Although my farvoritest song in the whole entire world is Tomorrow by Tevin. He completed it the day before his voice changed. (why do I know that?)

Hey man often it is not who you are but who you are with! To be a progressive brother you need people who will progress with you. Those who are holding you back, let them go. You will be the better for it. Trust me I know.

As for a job - you need to be working on getting an internship for the Fall before you graduate. That needs to be a MUST! Its may be too late for you getting one this summer but you need to focus on a Fall internship and be ahead of the pack. Make a point to get active on the right away! You will thank me in the end.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger mytruth said...

I will be on that job thing, don't worry. That's not a quote from Tevin...and what are u implying?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger prodigalsun said...

I was wondering what song that shyt came from... lol I was like, I aint never heard a Tevin Campbell saying 'unto' in a song... lol

Anyway, we all go through these moments... and I find that I make the most progress when I go through this phase... yo... run with it... get as much accomplished as you can while you feel this way... its times like these where you can change your life.

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger HOW said...

We "met" a long time ago, when you stumbled on my blog. My, have you ever grown! Good luck with everything, and I guess it is time for an old lady to take a young man's advise and get rid of the stuff that holds me back! Hope you can tell from my blog that I have been trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home