Wednesday, June 29, 2005

BET AWARDS

The Stars, The Stars....

First, Alicia Keys...WOW! She has definitely been eating some cornbread or something is in the water. Did anyone see Alicia's hips, thighs, butt....I'm like where did this come from? Her skin was together, this time. I felt like she upstaged halle on the pre-show. I'm feeling Alicia Keys now and she doesn't know my name. Nice attempt, right? hahaha

The Fugees open the show...that was a surprise. I wasn't ready. Lauryn Hill is my girl...I was like oh crap! This is my second time hearing her and both times her voice has been raspy. What's that about? Her voice was decent, but I was just excited to see her (give her a break ppl...she said they got a little carried away at rehersal). However, I think they gave a great performance. It was clear they weren't flowing as much as they should have been, but they did a good job. What happen to Lauryn's solo performance? They never showed it.

Mariah....What was going on? She needs to rest her voice or something. Why was the coward so cold to her? I was like dang! They didn't even stand for her...I know it wasn't a good performance, but still.

Destiny's Child.....The girls did their thing and were one of the few who actually sung. Kelly is secretly my favorite and she represented well. I was not ready for the to bend over in the guys' face and put their leg over their shoulders. I was like oh goodness...these girls are really getting grown. So much for Michelle next gospel alubm...that was a joke. Terrance is going to have to explain to his wife when he gets home. I mean Beyonce had him in a trance. And Jay will be after his behind. Nelly played it cool. Why did Michelle choose Magic. I'm like, do you know what you are doing? aahhmm...think again. Michelle grew a butt over night too. Maybe there is something in the water, fo'real.

T.I. homeboy kept it pimpin' on the pre-show (suite was bad). Performance with Sheila E., it's Sheila what can you say.

John Legend and Stevie...one of the best performances of the night. If not the best. I never knew he stole some chords from Stevie on "Ordinary People" per his words folks..don't ask me. Is it just me or does Stevie mumble on the verses of his new song...I'm like what is he saying? Then the next thing you know....SHAME ON YOU. Okay?

Nothing else is sticking out in my head right now. I was happy to see Mary. I'm happy she has extended her range, but I don't like her up there. I love the old Mary. Ciara and Bow Wow? Is this fo'real? Why were half of the winners missing. I mean people come on..what is your PR rep doing for you? Did some people know they were going be on tv...they looked like buckwheat? Some stylists need to be FIRED! I'm mean what is going on? This is getting a little too long, so I'm going to end it here.

edited:Gladys Knight sung, do you hear me...she did her thing. I don't know what was going on with Toni Braxton, however, faith wasn't confused at all. She did her thing.

5 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Frank León Roberts said...

thanks for this! i missed it!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger ESQ-JD said...

so agree with the Mariah thing. T.I. was good as usual.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Dayrell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Dayrell said...

That was a bomb ass update. Everything you said was right on point. And Gladys did do her thing!! Did you check out any of the pictures from the show, if not, go here:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/product.aspx?p=3&e=53154606&pg=1&am=-1

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Suezette b.k.a. Mz.Black Geisha said...

I second Dayrell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home